Friday, February 4, 2011

Doodle 4 Google

It's that time again! The Doodle 4 Google competition is well on its way with this year's theme as, "What I'd like to do someday...." There are some changes this year that are explained on the website.


If you haven't participated in this before, it's a great way to really challenge students to think of creating an original piece of artwork without having a real teacher exemplar to look at. I'm not sure if I'll have time to fit this in this year, for some reason I feel like my plans are jam packed this year (probably due to all the wonderful ideas from your blogs!), but I have done it the last couple years and my students love it! I also hold our own little competition with the faculty and staff as the judges. The students always do such an excellent job, I like to acknowledge their hard work.

*I apologize if this has already been written or shared about. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to catch up on everyone's latest posts.

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, thanks for the reminder. I had everyone in grades 2-5 I think try this last year. I had a couple of kids who did phenomenal work, that I think would have made it further if I hadn't given them cheap paper to work on (I had copied the templates on typing paper). So this year I planned to just give it to the kids who will work on it on their own, and copy the templates onto a better paper, with more tooth. One of the girls last year did a beuatiful job with colored pencils, but the colors lacked the richness and depth of them being on a better paper.

    Anyhow thanks for the reminder - the timing is perfect for Feb vacation boredom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I think they MAKE you use printer paper? But I could be wrong and be mistaking 8 1/2" x 11" paper to automatically be printer paper... I've always used that paper though and I totally agree.... not the best quality for our little artists in training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS... I've also uploaded a new picture on the "Magic Art" page of the recommended size.

    ReplyDelete