Thursday, March 8, 2012

KONY 2012




If you haven't seen this on facebook or youtube or twitter.. or if you haven't heard about this at all, I urge you to please take the time to watch this video. It is about a half hour long, and although it is not about art or art education, it is about children and and a campaign that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

What's most powerful to me, though, is the time we live in now with social media and the ability to communicate to the masses so much quicker, easier and more affective. As a blogger, along with my personal beliefs and morals, I felt compelled to share this video and pass the message along. I sincerely hope you get a chance to watch this and spread the word. 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Similar to what the Muslims do only under the guise of religion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. My initial thought, unfortunately.. is how similar things happen like this in A LOT of places. Rather than just doing nothing though, I like how they are trying to gain support and advocacy through the media. It should be interesting if everything follows through- it makes you reconsider how REALLY interconnected we all are globally now, and what the other possibilities are.

    ReplyDelete